POST COVID19 & WINTER 2021
- TEAMS WILL BE ABLE TO TAKE THE COURT AGAIN FROM FEB 18.
Round 1 games are looking to be rescheduled for March 6/7 and round 2 will go ahead as planned.
The Summer Slam is a Basketball Hawthorn re-engagement competition with 6 rounds running through Term 1 from Feb 13. Term 2 will see the beginning of the traditional winter season (Term 2 & 3). We will begin the admin for Winter 2021 early in term 1, 2021.
As a club we pride ourselves on being the benchmark for community level basketball and our approach to being 'covid safe' is no different. Every team will be provided with a Titans wipes canister and personal (100ml) hand sanitiser dispensers for every member. These have been donated by members of our AMAZING community.
Sessions will at this stage require the following basics to be ahead to:
- QR code check in for all spectators (The venue QR code or Titans QR code if that does not exist).
- Arriving and leaving the venue inside your training session times.
- Social distancing for spectators (limit of 1 per participant at training and games)
- wipes use for basketballs pre and post training
- participants to use hand sanitiser pre and post training/games.
We have appointed our own club level COVID19 Compliance Officer (Kaye) who will be working to ensure that all teams are operating inside the requirements of the governing bodies to keep our members safe.
The league is looking to get our members back on court in a safe and measured way and we are excited to get into the evolution of that !
There will also be a new registration process (Basketball Victoria endorsed). This will require a new approach to the way players are attached to clubs, teams and also how they are insured. The new model will see players required to manage their insurance through Basketball Victoria's 'Annual License Fee' The details on how that works are available through the below link.